Employer eNews March 2020
Valuable information for San Mateo County employers (click here to view online). In this issue:
- A Balancing Act, Commute.org's Annual Event Now an Online Symposium (March 11)
- Nominate a Bicyclist for San Mateo County's Bike Commuter of the Year Award
- Caltrans US-101 Alemany Project update
Carpool 2020 Rewards Program
Carpoolers can receive up to $100 in e-gift cards and get to choose from over 70 retailers and nonprofits for carpooling to or from San Mateo County! When carpool trips are logged by connecting a Scoop or Waze Carpool account to a STAR account for auto-tracking, commuters can unlock rewards.
Commuters can claim a $25 e-gift card reward every 10 carpool days they track. All rewards are subject to verification and there is a limit of four rewards ($100) per person. Click here for program details and restrictions.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
Commute.org has a new program for green commuters! If you walk, bike, take transit, ride a shuttle, or carpool/vanpool to work in San Mateo County, you’re eligible for up to 4 reimbursed Guaranteed Rides Home (GRH) each calendar year. Think of it as your green commute insurance.
The GRH program covers an emergency trip home from work in case of:
- Personal or family Illness/Emergency
- Eldercare or daycare emergency
- Bicycle theft or breakdown
- Inclement weather (for walkers/bicyclists)
- Carpool partner emergency resulting in loss of ride home
When you encounter an emergency on a day that you use a green commute to work, simply use a taxi, Lyft/Uber, or transit service to get home, and then request a reimbursement through Commute.org’s STAR platform.
Bicycling in San Mateo County
Interested in switching to a safer, healthier, and more fun commute mode? Check out our resource page for biking in and around San Mateo County.
Become a Commute STAR at my.commute.org!
1. Register or login at my.commute.org
2. Use the trip planner to discover your commute options.
3. Go to your dashboard and log your trips for a chance to win prizes.