If your public transit service (BART, Caltrain, or SF Bay Ferry) cannot get you all the way to your final destination, one of our commuter shuttles may be the answer. Here are some other things to consider:
- Many shuttles meet employees at the transit stations and take them virtually to the front door of their place of work in San Mateo County
- Some shuttles serve residential locations and can provide "first mile" service in the morning and "last mile" service in the evening
- Commute.org shuttles operate Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays) during commute hours
Dozens of shuttles sponsored by Commute.org, SamTrans, BART, Caltrain, and SF Bay Ferry can get you where you need to go in San Mateo County. See the links below for more information.
How does Commute.org offer this service?
Commute.org is proud of the unique coalition of private businesses and government agencies that provides the funding for this invaluable service. Participants include the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans), the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (JPB), and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD).
Could your business benefit from shuttle service?
Commute.org shuttles allow employers to help their employees make the last mile commute to their workplaces.
Participating in the Commute.org shuttle program helps employers attract and retain employees.
Learn more about providing shuttle service to your work site by contacting your Programs Representative or by calling the Commute.org shuttle team at 650.588.1600.
Want to start a Commute.org shuttle to/from your company?
We are here to help you with:
- Joining an existing shuttle service
- Starting a new shuttle service
- Route planning/shuttle service marketing to your employees
Already have a Commute.org shuttle servicing your company?
We can help you make the most of it with:
- Shuttle service marketing
- Tips for increasing ridership
- Performance reports and analysis
- Route optimization
Passenger Code of Conduct
Commute.org is committed to providing a safe and pleasant environment for all its passengers. The Code of Conduct is intended to provide guidelines to users of Commute.org shuttles.
Lost & Found
Commute.org and the shuttle operator will hold items found on the shuttle for thirty (30) days. Please call 650-588-1600 to report lost items and for more information.
For your safety, please do not touch unattended packages and/or handbags you may find on the shuttle or at shuttle stops. Please report all unattended packages to the shuttle operator. Also, please do not leave your own belongings unattended.
See Something, Say Something
If you see anything suspicious or witness an unlawful activity, please let the shuttle operator know or call the shuttle team at 650-588-1600. If it is an emergency, immediately call 911.